Thursday, October 11, 2012

Summer Archive

The task:   Gather all the materials you think you may need for an art project, plus an assigned list.

The latter part was really quite simple.  I had everything on the list at my house already, and I was fortunate enough to open the email with the list while still there.  I think it took about thirty minutes to root through all my craft closets and my father's workbench to find everything I needed.  Even the hometown map was just hanging up in my garage.  Maybe it's a good thing that my dad tends to be a bit of pack rat!

With the items for the list in hand, I proceeded to rummage around my room for things that I thought I could use.  I must admit that this task was much harder than I imagined.  I think that this art class will be much different than ever imagined, and I cannot possibly predict everything I will want to have.  The other thing I learned is how much stuff I really have.  After living out of a suitcase for an entire semester, I know that I don't need everything I have.  I am pretty sure that I have at least enough clothes to go a month without doing laundry - and that's just my wardrobe!  When examining other peoples' ideas like this: http://www.storyofstuff.org/, it kind of makes me feel like a bad person!  This class will tear me down the middle - do I keep all of the things, or should I continue working to become the minimalist, with an easier life?  I like things, so this will be hard.

Here is a list of the materials I officially gathered for the class:
  • a mess of acrylic paint
  • watercolor paint
  • pencils and erasers
  • markers, crayons, colored pencils
  • fabrics of many colors and textures
  • old gun book
  • guide book to india
  • map of north east and jaipur
  • hindi print
  • scrapbooking paper
  • oragami paper
  • knickknacks from travels and experiences
  • leather pieces
  • wires of many sorts
  • toolbox
  • glitter paint
  • magazines 
  • several boxes
  • other things
 Also, a collection of some of the images I am really attracted to (none of which are my own - thank you pinterest): 















Halchal Cafe - THIS PLACE ROCKS

No comments:

Post a Comment